Sunday, January 18, 2009

10 GREAT healthy snacks

Here are some great, healthy snacks that are under 200 calories and help you feel "full" and burn fat! The key is to combine a little bit of fat, protein and carbohydrates for optimal "fullness". Fiber is also IMPORTANT.

1. Hummus with veggies (carrots, celery, bell peppers, etc), pita chips, or high-fiber crackers

2. Cottage cheese with fruit (pineapple, peaches, pears are best)

3. Protein shake (1/2 scoop of protein powder blended with ice, non-fat plain yogurt or milk, and mixed berries)

4. 2 slices of beef jerky and a clementine/orange

4. String cheese and an apple (or handful of grapes)

5. Yogurt parfait (layer non-fat plain yogurt, low-fat granola, and mixed berries)

6. Apple slices, banana, or celery sticks w/ low-fat peanut butter (watch portion control)

7. Ranch or other dip mixed with cottage cheese (instead of sour cream) and high-fiber crackers, pita chips, or veggies (watch portion control)

8. Luna bar (I like these ones because they are a perfect combo of protein, carbs, and fat, they're under 200 cal, and they TASTE GOOD!!!)

9. 1/2 bagel (or mini bagel) with cottage cheese, tomato slices, and pepper

10. Turkey or other lean deli meat and piece of fruit

3 comments:

SpinIt! said...

Hey Christina, I still love the blog. You'd be proud of me. I moved my treadmill into the house from the garage since that is the only thing that has worked for me in the past and I've lost 5.5 lbs this month already. I have 11.5 to go till I get to my dream/goal weight. My new goal is 6.5 more before feb. 24th. That's when I leave to see my family and let's just say they are a little too honest sometimes. Here's my question: My goal is to run 5 times a week and go to the gym to do machines 2 times per week? I always take sunday off completely. Is that enough weights to make a real difference? Ollie

jill d said...

Thanks Christina! I'm always looking for healthy snacks. Love the blog!

Charlene said...

Thanks, I needed some new ideas!